What does it mean to give good customer service?
This week we will explore the fundamentals of good customer service. At Call centers, we associate good customer service with being polite, alert, courteous and resolving customer queries. But is this all? Are there more parameters that we can consider to deliver superior customer service at call centers?
To answer this question effectively, it is essential that we examine other industries, and what customer service means to them? In the food and beverage industry, for example, stellar customer service means being speedy and accurate. In other industries, these were the foundations of improving customer service:
To ensure you provide the best customer service:
- know what your customers consider to be good customer service
- take the time to find out customers’ expectations
- follow up on both positive and negative feedback you receive
- ensure that you consider customer service in all aspects of your business
- continuously look for ways to improve the level of customer service you deliver.
Interestingly, we never correlate excellence in one industry to mean excellence in another. But the fundamentals of delivering superior customer service are all the same. It also important to note, that in call centers, there are specific areas you need to focus on to build good customer relationships, and these are:
- greet customers and approach them in a way that is natural and fits the individual situation
- show customers that you understand what their needs are
- accept that some people won’t want your products and concentrate on building relationships with those who do
- help people – even just letting a customer know about an event that you know they’re personally interested in is helpful
- continue to keep customers aware of what’s in it for them to do business with you
So, how do you fare in the call center with your customer service? Are you doing all you can to up the ante on being the best at wowing your customer? It’s never too late to make an improvement. Happy weekend to you all!